[X] CLOSEMAIN MENU
[X] CLOSEIN THIS SECTION
A coalition of environmental, public health and labor organizations calls on manufacturers and retailers of personal care products, over-the-counter (non-prescription) products and cosmetics to sign the pledge to be triclosan-free.
By signing this pledge to phase out the sale and use of triclosan and triclosan-containing consumer products, retailers and manufacturers agree to support the “Ban Triclosan Campaign” to protect human health and the environment from the dangers posed by triclosan:
My company recognizes:
• The use of triclosan and its degradates are associated with adverse health effects, such as endocrine disruption, cancer and long-term bioaccumulation,
• Triclosan creates more potent strains of bacteria, increasing antibacterial and antibiotic resistance,
• Triclosan is accumulating in waterways and soil, resulting in hazardous residues in fish and food crops,
• The efficacy of triclosan is no greater than regular soap and water.
Therefore my company, being concerned with the health and well-being of the community and customers it serves, pledges:
1. To not procure the chemical triclosan.
2. To not manufacture personal care products, and/or over-the-counter (non-prescription) products, and/or cosmetics containing the ingredient triclosan, as an active or inert/other ingredient, if my company currently manufactures triclosan-containing products.
3. To stop the sale of personal care products, and/or over-the-counter (non-prescription) products, and/or cosmetics containing the ingredient triclosan, as an active or inert/other ingredient, if my company currently sells triclosan-containing products.
4. To stock personal care products, and/or over-the-counter (non-prescription) products, and/or cosmetics with safer triclosan alternatives.
5. To support local and federal policies enforcing more stringent regulations on the non-medical uses of triclosan.
For more information, visit the Ban Triclosan campaign page.